- 1995Greentec began collecting and recycling used printer cartridges in a 2,000 sq. ft. facility. Staff grew to a small, but mighty team of 4 employees.
- 2000Greentec expanded the type of collection and recycling services offered to include old cell phones.
- 2003The company launched the “Think Recycle” fundraising program, which allows schools and charities to raise money by recycling unwanted electronics.
- 2005Greentec expanded its operations into a newly build 50,000 square foot facility. The workforce grew to 40 employees and the company obtained ISO 14001 Certification.
- 2010Greentec began collecting and recycling unwanted IT equipment and electronic waste. An additional 32,000 sq ft. was added to the facility. At this time, full systems were implemented to shred eWaste and recover metals and commodities for recycling.
- 2015Greentec established a dedicated Research Chair at Conestoga College to research technologies for managing eWaste. Have since developed a proprietary optical sorting system and the company is currently employing 68 team members.