- 1995Greentec began operations by recycling used printer cartridges in a small facility with a team of 4 employees.
- 2000Expanded recycling services offered to include old cell phones and computers.
- 2003Started “Think Recycle” fundraising program, allowing schools and charities to raise money by recycling electronics.
- 2005Greentec began refurbishing electronics and grew into a newly build 50,000 square foot facility. The workforce grew to 40 employees and the company received ISO 14001 Certification.
- 2010The company expanded operations to 82,000 sq ft processing facility. At this time, full systems were implemented to shred E-Waste and recover metals and commodities for recycling.
- 2015Greentec established the Industrial Research Chair at Conestoga College to research technologies for managing eWaste. Have since developed a proprietary optical sorting system and the company employing 80 team members.
- 2017Greentec was accrdited R2 and NAID certifications and Partner Supplier with OECM